The Knoxville Regional TPO completed a draft of the 2017-2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and is encouraging public comment from September 26, 2016 until October 25, 2016. The TIP provides a four-year list of multimodal transportation projects within the Knoxville Urban Area. The four-year investment program prioritizes roughly $910 million dollars of federal and non-federal funds for improvements to our roadways, bridges, transit systems, and bicycle and pedestrian facilities throughout the Knoxville Region.
The City of Knoxville, the designated recipient of Federal Transit Administration Section 5307 funds, has chosen to follow the public involvement process of the TIP to meet the Program of Projects public involvement requirements. The public participation process for the TIP does satisfy the public participation process for the Program of Projects.
The draft TIP can be viewed and downloaded on the TPO website at knoxtrans.org/tip, where you can submit comments. Copies of the draft TIP are available for review at the TPO offices located at 400 Main St., Suite 403, Knoxville, TN.
Comments can be submitted via any of the following methods:
- By letter, mailed to the TPO offices located at 400 Main St., Suite 403, Knoxville, TN 37902
- At the September 28, 2016 TPO Executive Board Meeting
- At the October 11, 2016 TPO Technical Committee Meeting
- At the October 26, 2016 TPO Executive Board Meeting
* All meetings are held at 9:00 a.m. in the Small Assembly Room of the City County Building (400 Main Street, Knoxville, TN).
If you need assistance or accommodation for a disability, please contact the TPO at 865-215- 2694 or email@example.com and we will be glad to work with you in obliging any reasonable request.