Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
The TPO strives to ensure that disadvantaged (DBE) and small (SBE) businesses have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in contracts funded with federal transportation dollars. The TPO also works to:
- Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of contracts
- Create a level playing field on which DBE/SBEs can compete fairly for contracts
- Ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR, Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs
- Help remove barriers to the participation of DBE/SBEs
- Assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE Program
The TPO may have a DBE participation goal for contracts associated with direct Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grant funds. FTA DBE participation goals are required if the TPO contracts over $250,000 in direct grant funding in one year (not including funding for capital purchases and operations). The TPO does not currently have a DBE participation goal.